Re: Building balsa on Tru64 UNIX (without pspell)

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 08:43:09AM +0000, Brian Stafford wrote:
> >Whe website mentions that pspell and libesmtp are absolutely required.
> >After spendig houres to get libesmtp compiled,
> LibESMTP is not part of balsa.  Please report this on the libesmtp-devel
> mailing list (subscribers only).
Sorry. I am not motivated to subscribe to an other mailing list. I am
subscribed to enough now. ;-)
Some problems where solved when I tried to build 0.8.7. (When I downloaded
all the source for balsa 0.8.6 was the current version. Most of the
time that I needed to get libesmtp compiled was diging through the
system include files...)
Also this was addresed to the people that wrote the balsa website.

> LibESMTP is written for a strict Posix environment and compiles with -ansi
> and -pedantic when using GCC.
-ansi and -pedantic are the first problem: The OSF1 cc does not have these
options.

> I think you've totally missed the point about libESMTP and mail submission.
My point of view is simply:
Why build and install libesmtp when I will use "localhost:smtp" what is
mostly the same like "./configure --without-esmtp"?
--

tschüß,
         Jochen