Re: General Problems with Balsa

On 2001.11.05 09:02:39 +0000 Brian Stafford wrote:
> On Sun,  4 November 19:48 Carlos Morgado wrote:
>
>> humm, does any other client work with this server ? my guess here is the
>> message uidls aren't being seen correctly. i've seen this kind of thing
>> happen with some servers if you delete from the mailbox. the pop server
>> just
>> rehashes all the uidls and breaks everything.
>   ^^^^^^^^ assigns new?

yes, assigns new.

> RFC 1939 requires that the uid is persistent across sessions even if the
> UPDATE command is not issued.  Although it is not stated explicitly the
> impliciation of this requirement is that for a given message the associated
> uid MUST NOT change.

what i seen was, get list, get uidls, issue a dele, uidls changed.
poof.
i happened on a freebsd server, but i haven't chased it in a long time

> I conclude that the server behaviour described above is non-conformant.

yeah, i was wondering if the original report wasn't a balsa bug for a
change ;)

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds