Re: SMTP troubles

On Tue, 26 June 00:24 Karl O . Pinc wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I'm having trouble sending outgoing mail.  The smtp exchange is:
|
| server: 220 mofo.meme.com ESMTP Postfix
| balsa: EHLO mofo.meme.com
| server: 250-mofo.meme.com
| server: 250-PIPELINING
| server: 250-SIZE 10240000
| server: 250-ETRN
| server: 250 8BITMIME
| balsa: MAIL FROM:<kop@meme.com> SIZE=19456
| server: 250 Ok
|
| At that point the dialog stops and eventually times out.
|
| I'm using:
| Redhat 7.1
| postfix-20010202-5SASL
| balsa-1.1.6-1
| libesmtp-0.8.1-2
|
| Any clues?  I'm completely stuck and don't feel like going to read
| code.

I've managed to reproduce this when connecting to a server that supports
pipelining but only using the example program that comes with libESMTP
though not within Balsa itself.

I've found the point in the libESMTP code where my logic is flawed and
I'm working on solving it. (I've managed to produce exactly the
pipelining deadlock I was trying to avoid!)

Thanks for providing the trace - very useful!  As soon as I fix this,
I'll release a new version of libESMTP.

Regards
Brian Stafford