Re: balsa update

On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 02:37:05PM +0200, Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> On 2001.06.03 14:15:29 +0200 Carlos Morgado wrote:
> >
> > they kind of work for me. do you have mboxes inside directories ? i have no
> > idea how balsa behaves with that. i should check though :)
> > could you please detail how your maildir is laid out ?
>
> look at the attached (little) picture and here:
>
> bash-2.05$ ls -l mail/
> total 13324
> -rw-------    1 galaxy   users     2782536 Jun  3 14:29 balsa
> -rw-------    1 galaxy   users           0 Jun  3 14:17 draftbox
> -rw-------    1 galaxy   users      256856 Jun  3 14:17 evolution
> -rw-------    1 galaxy   users      322589 Jun  3 14:17 ewe
> -rw-------    1 galaxy   users      765511 Jun  3 14:17 galeon
> -rw-------    1 galaxy   users       12302 Jun  3 14:17 guestbook
> -rw-------    1 galaxy   users        3450 Jun  3 14:17 noten
> -rw-------    1 galaxy   users           0 Jun  3 14:17 outbox
> -rw-------    1 galaxy   users     9487080 Jun  3 14:17 sentbox
> -rw-------    1 galaxy   users           0 Jun  3 14:17 trash
> bash-2.05$

ok. this should work.

> > > i usually go may way this..
> > >
> > > - starting balsa.
> > > - leeching emails.
> > > - going through all mailboxes to see where the emails went in.
> > >

> > clicking 'check' again usually does it for me as it will refresh the local
> > mail status *after* all the messages have been droped by procmail.
> > it should be fixed though
>
> never figured out that but it would be cool to get immediate information
> e.g. i start balsa and it should tell me immediately how many mails i have
> in each mailbox and how many of them are unread. and whenever i pop my
> email it should automatically update the status too (same for sent messages
> and messages that went into the outbox for some reason) this would help much.

it doesn't cause it only checks for new mail when it gets new mail. you
can tell it to fetch new mail when it starts.
i never had the wrong-update thing happen without using procmail so i guess
it's related with the time procmail takes to drop the mail.
i shall have to investigate :\

> no, no messages telling me that there are something left in the outbox
> at least i disabled all dialogs :)

oh your fault then ;)

Shaw's Principle:
        Build a system that even a fool can use, and only a fool will
want to use it.