Re: PATCH: IMAP flag handling and new mail notification

Em Dom, 15 Jul 2001 01:51:42 M . Thielker escreveu:
> Hi Carlos,
>
> On 2001.07.15 02:08 Carlos Morgado wrote:
> >
> > Em Sab, 14 Jul 2001 14:06:30 M . Thielker escreveu:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >  here's one that _really_ ought to go into CVS.
> > >
> > > Fixes:
> > > - Message flags "Seen", "Answered" and "Flagged" are lost when
> > >   a message is moved into an IMAP folder
> >
> > no, they're not
> >

> Yes, they are. The flags stay with the message, but are not displayed while
> the message is in the IMAP folder. The reason is that libmutt will indeed
> store Status: and X-Status:, but didn't translate them into proper IMAP
> message flags. This is now done in addition to storing the header lines with
> the message. The flags are passed with the APPEND IMAP command, as is
> proper.

i should be clearer, ItWorksForMe. flawlessly, moving local -> IMAP and IMAP->
IMAP, all 3 flags.

> > > - Messages freshly moved into IMAP folders, but never opened from
> > >   there will appear as new messages the next time Balsa starts
> >
> > no, they're not
> >

> Yes, they are. If a message is inserted into an IMAP folder, the
> non-user-controllable \Recent flag is set. libmutt erroneously uses that,
> rather than \Seen, to indicate new messages. Balsa does properly update the
> message totals, so the IMAP server and Balsa are out of sync. If you do NOT
> open the IMAP folder again, but close Balsa, then restart, it will see the
> messages as new on the next mailbox check.

again, WorksForMe.

> I changed libmutt to look for the \Seen flag instead. Comments there
> indicated that the original authors didnDt really know the distinction
> between the two and chose \Recent rather randomly.
> Additionally, the \Seen flag is now set properly, so everything stys in
> sync.

you should subs to mutt-devel and and report bugs (and fixes :)) there.
i'm sure they'll apreciate it. also, mutt as much larger userbase and
encounters the weirdest setups. very good backend testbed.

> > i'm using wu-imapd (imap-2000-2.6 from rh6.2) what are you using ?
> > peter, can you shed some light ?
> >
> I'm using Cyrus imapd.

k, i should setup cyrus and do some testing.

"So, if anybody wants to have hardware sent to them: don't call me, but
instead write your own unix operating system.  It has worked every time
for me." - Linus Torvalds, author of Linux (Unix-like) OS