Re: SMTP/POP3 SSL Support

On 2001.02.02 08:31:00 +0000 Pawel Salek wrote:

> On 2001-02-02 04:08 Sze Yee wrote:
> > I am wondering if Balsa1.1.0  supports SMTP/POP3 SSL
>
> None of them, for the time being. Frankly, I haven't even tested SSL
> IMAP support and I suspect it is not really functional yet. There is

i looked briefly at it some time ago and noticed libbalsa doesn't like
the server specification needed to make libmutt do ssl. apart from that
it's all there in libmutt

> some work (I believe) going on SMTP that would(?) include SSL but I am
> not aware of correspodning development on POP3 side. Patches welcome -
> as always.

is ssmtp used ? never heard of such case. i suppose it could be usefull
for auth in relay cases.

as for pop3, same situation as imap. it's in libmutt but we can't spec it
in balsa.

(patches should be trivial, mostly on the GUI side if anyone is wondering ;))

cheers

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds