Re: ANNOUNCE: balsa-1.3.0 released - PROBLEMS URGENT!!

On 2001.12.16 18:16:15 +0100 Pawel Salek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to announce balsa-1.3.0 release. This is a development
> release that includes filters, searching, new imap folder scanning
> scheme and few other changes. UI may have some rough edges (feedback
> welcome!) but the stability should be no worse than 1.2.3.
Hi,
Nice, but:

1. This is not reproducible (and may be my mistake or sth.)
I've done some searching on 'balsa' mbox, and moved to trash a message
from 'inbox' mbox. I don't remember if it was before, between, or  after
searching.
And 3 messages (including this one - the announce :) disappeared from
'balsa' mbox.
I found them finally in 'trash' mbox.

2. I sent a mail, started to write this one, had to close balsa, so I
saved it as draft. Next I tried to start balsa, and I got message, that I
start balsa for first time.
So I started it from terminal and I got:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktypeutils.c: line 357 (gtk_type_new): assertion
`node != NULL' failed.

** WARNING **: Balsa cannot open your "Outbox" mailbox.

** WARNING **: *** Could not load basic configuration!

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkWindow'

GnomeUI-CRITICAL **: file gnome-dialog.c: line 384
(gnome_dialog_set_parent): assertion `parent != NULL' failed.

GnomeUI-CRITICAL **: file gnome-appbar.c: line 520
(gnome_appbar_set_status): assertion `appbar != NULL' failed.

So the outbox was lost and I had to recreate it.

3. Another person lost outbox after upgrade (balsa is used by several
persons).
Before she lost outbox, there was a problem with sending mail (recipient
was "olaf@navi,pl" in place of "olaf@navi.pl".

4. Still lack of error reporting: to find out why balsa didn't send this
message I had to check mail log on the server. Please do it on stderr if
you don't have time to create GUI stuff.

Regards,

Olaf