Re: Handling of delete with IMAP

On 2001.12.15 19:10 Alexander Skwar wrote:
> Yes, that's what I mean.  I really could do without the option to
> directly delete messages, however, I can see that some people could do
> without the option to just mark a message for deletion.

I, for one, could go without having deleted messages stick around. I cannot
go without an option to delete a message without confirmation and without
moving it somewhere. I'd suffer from permanent trashcan bloat without it,
considering the amount of spam I get sometimes.

>> action, or hijack one of the current pair (`delete' and `trash') for it.
>

> Well, I'd imagine "delete" to mark a message and "trash" to empty out my
> trash can, ie. delete all the marked messages.

Yuck! Two clicks to get rid of every message?? No way! It's perfect as it
is, for me, and I wouldn't like any changes that do not let me use prefs to
switch it back to the way it is now.
I use "Move to trash" for done things, messages I think I will not need
anymore, but may have to retrieve. I use "Delete" for spam.

Melanie