Re: balsa no-thread crash detected

On 2001.08.23 20:15:11 +0200 Timothy Alan Chandler wrote:
> Non-threaded version crashes when multiple POP3 mailboxs are checked, works
> fine if you only specify a single POP3 mailbox to be checked.  Threaded
> version doesn't work at all here, the main process detaches and everything
> hangs.  Sending via SMTP works fine in both non-threaded and threaded
> versions.

yes, confirmed..

you can sent email with pthreads and you can access all other options with
pthreads except SENDING pop3 i already looked into this and cant find the
cause. since everything looked so CORRECT but there must be an issue.

try this.... compile one balsa with threads and one without threads
now start the balsa without threads... check mails.. leave that balsa
now you can start the pthread version of balsa and it works perfectly.
but you need to go this way. its strange.

> IMHO the ability to use the local sendmail binary to send mail should be
> put back in.  There are circumstances where it is desirable to favor it
> over SMTP.  For instance if the primary mail server on your network uses
> the qmail MTA, workstations can have a null mailer installed (mini-qmail)
> and be setup to use qmail's QMQP protocol which on a large network I've
> found to be more efficient than SMTP.  I still use an older version of
> balsa for that reason.

its not removed... should be still in the code... just disable libesmtp
support

pawel. this really needs to be nailed down before 1.2.0 final... its more
than frustrating... i better loose 20 mb of ram for memoryleaks instead this
pthread issue. its only related to pop3. seem its not related to any file
under src/ it must be somewhere in libbalsa/

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de