Re: BUG: Major problem, data loss

On 2001.08.22 20:58:50 +0100 M . Thielker wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am using SMTP. The string is contained in cyrus imapd and appears there
> because I am using an IMAP sentbox.
> Apparently, libbalsa_message_queue uses mutt_write_fcc to writ ethe message
> to the outbox first, then to the fccbox. That second invocation of
> mutt_write_fcc caused the message, but the email should, at that time, have
> already been written to the outbox. So chances are good that it actually did
> go out and I just lost my local copy.

yeah, that sounds right. hopefully, you just lost your copy.

> However, this points to a problem in formatting messages for storage in
> IMAP, probably another case of not quoting strings that may contain spaces.

yes, imperative now that inbox in imap works.
it would be good to have a message that breaks before starting to hack at it.
you have any idea on what exactly chocked on cyrus and caused that message ?

anyone a cyrus expert ? :)

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds