Re: install problem

One thing that I didn't see in your description is you running 'ldconfig'.
I believe that when you add a directory to ld.so.conf you must run ldconfig
before it is stored in ld.so.cache. (and recognised by the system) Also the
reboot was unnecessary.
--
D. M. Monarres (ayeq@yahoo.com)

Well, it's hard for a mere man to believe that woman doesn't have equal
rights.
		-- Dwight D. Eisenhower