Umlauts in 1.1.7

Hi there,
I've benn using balsa for more than a year now, and am quite happy with it. Still, in 1.1.7 there appeared a nasty bug concerning german umlauts. From a number of mailers I cannot see the umlauts any more, and the rest of the line is erased. Clicking into the (now) empty line of the text reveals the non-umlaut characters in a somewhat mangled way.

In a little test, I could reproduce this behaviour, when I sent mail from pan to a test group, and cc-ed to my own address. Sending the same text with balsa lead to a correct display of the text.

I am not sure if it is a balsa prob., but I have seen this qute often, recently, and it is anuisance.

In the following, I enclose the sent text, which illustrates the behaviour.
This is the version sent from balsa, which should work.

Something is wrong with äüö ÄÜÖ, but I don't know what it is...
Or something else §? - Who knows?

Thanks for your help...

--
Franz Sauerzopf