Re: Problems sending queued mail

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000 13:34:45 +0200, Pawel Salek said:

>  On Sun, 22 Oct 2000 11:30:31 mleopold@worldonline.dk wrote:
>  > I'm using Debian 2.2 whith the sendmail program installed. I've not
set
>  > sendmail up in any regard - in fact I can't seem to find any senmail

>  > configuration file on my system. I have no idea whether this is good
or
>  > bad.
>  If you don't set up sendmail, don't tell balsa to use it.
>  If you choose not to use sendmail, select Remote SMTP option in balsa

>  configuration.

Right. I would much rather have Balsa manage my unsent mail, but when I set
a remote SMTP server the send rutine has to do a timeout to figure out that
theres no connection to the internet! Isn't it possible to queue the mail
right away instead of having to wait for the timeout and clicking close on
the error dialog??

--
Regards Martin Leopold.
Dept. of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen