German Spell-Checker

I've installed, on my SuSE6.4, balsa 1.0pre2 with all features enabled.
I've also installed pspell, aspell and ispell.
As long as I set the language to English spell checking works, but  when I
switch to German
I get an error: "unable to load the ispell module", although I have the
German files under /usr/lib/ispell.
What's wrong?

BTW: It's funny to list all languages of this world as a selection but the
most of this spellcheck files
aren't present. Wouldn't it be better just showing the ones that are
available?

Greetings
Rolf