Re: How to compile balsa-1.0pre2 with ldap support

On 2000-10-17 22:22:12 Klaus Dahlke wrote:
> I have problems to switch ldap-support on for balsa-1.0pre2. I downloaded
> the openldap2.0.6 from freshmeat and installed the libs as mentioned.
> When I run _./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-ldap_ the configure script
> finds -lldap, but say that ldap_search is not included. When I remove the
> check from configure.in, ldap support is switch on, but linking fails due
> unmatched references.

The problem is that configure.in does NOT find ldap. It should stop then
(and will in 1.0.pre3). If you installed openldap properly, you should be
able to compile following program:
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char ldap_search();

int main() {
ldap_search()
; return 0; }

Compile this program with
gcc program.c -lldap -lber

This is actually the test done by configure.in
You may need to modify your ld settings (/etc/ld.so.conf, IIRC).

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202