segfault when ~./gnome/balsa exists ?

Hi there,

i was happy when I compiled balsa and it started up, o joy, no problems

But the next time I wanted to start it, it just did a segfault on me :-(

I recompiled, reinstalled libs, you name it, I tried it

Then I found out balsa segfaults when ~/.gnome/balsa exist, the preferences
file.

I searched in the archives, but I haven't found a solution (yet)

Could some1 give me a few pointers?

Thanks,
Ruud

running mandrake 7.1 with 2.16 kernel and balsa 1.0 pre2

PS sorry if this arrives 2 times, I incidently mailed it using another
account as well