Balsa interaction with Mutt

Hello,

I am preparing to finally ditch my copy of XFMail (tired of losing messages)
and have been investigating Balsa as an alternative.

I was wondering to what extent Balsa uses Mutt code?  What functionality (if
any?) does it use Mutt for.  Lastly, are the mailboxes interchangeable?  Can I
read my mail over ssh with Mutt and at home with Balsa?

Thanks,

julian

j. m.  c  a  t  c  h  e  n  -  p  h  x,  a  z
j u l i a n  a t  c a t c h e n  d o t  o r g
*h t t p : / / w w w . c a t c h e n . o r g*
d a t e:  11-Oct-2000      t i m e:  16:18:55