some problems

Hi all!

I am relatively new to Linux (about 1 year experience) and I am yet looking
for a good email client that will allow me to store, organize and use my
email.
I have searched for X based email clients and found them all to be very
immature to say the least. I have also tried to use StarOffice to do email,
but i find it full of inconveniences.

I am now trying Balsa, and though i see it has still to evolve, I find it
more pleasant to use. I like the possibility of having several address
books and I also like it to be open source and integrated with other open
source projects.

For the record I have used Apple's Claris Emailer for a long time and my
wife still uses it although Apple cut development some years ago. At work I
used Eudora and I'm very used to it, although I sometimes missed the
Emailer interface.

Now with the problems (I want to help getting a good email client for
Linux):

- After installing Balsa i tried to read the documentation (Help menu) to
see that the information lacks the images (?)

- The documentation did not help me to set up my account. After some time i
found that some documentation was at /usr/doc/ and there were some readme
files that got me started.

- My mailboxes appear duplicated. Initially I had two inboxes, two
draftboxes, two sentboxes, etc, but the mail folders that Balsa got from
pine were not duplicated. Strangely, in every case, one of the duplicated
folders started with an uppercase letter (e.g. Draftbox) but the other did
not (draftbox). This also happened with my own mailboxes, created in Balsa,
however, they appeared duplicated after i restarted Balsa (due to a crash).

I am not versed in C, but i can help with Perl code or with the
documentations (English/Spanish)

---

Lic. Fernan Aguero

Instituto de Investigaciones Biotecnologicas
Universidad Nacional de General San Martin

Parque Tecnologico Miguelete
INTI, Edificio 24, 1650, San Martin, Argentina

Phone: 54-11-4580-7255 ext 310
Fax:   54-11-4752-9639
Email: fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar
Web:   under construction