Re: Please font -> fontset

>On 17 Feb, nakai@mail.gnome.gr.jp wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> This is a patch for fontset. Please accept to the CVS version.
>> Also all gtk_font_load() should be simply replaced to gtk_fontset_load().
>
>I am sorry for my ignorance but please, explain me, what is really the
>advantage of using fontset. I think I know what `font' is, but notion of
>`fontset' doesn't sound very familiar to me... I went through
>documentation but I could not find any complete explanation.
>
>/Pawel

It is very important the authers really understand...

Some multibyte languages need 2 or more charactor sets to
show its whole strings completely. gtk_font_load() can't handle this,
but gtk_fontset_load() can do.

See (in general X explanation)
http://www.ainet.or.jp/~inoue/font/program-e.html

If you have some more question after reading this,
please talk with the gnome core members. (because I'm not so expert... :)
Havoc Penningon<hp@redhat.com> etc...

Thank you.

Yukihiro Nakai