Re: So how this goes?

On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 09:28:18PM -0400, Peter Williams wrote:
> But right now, Balsa exists and Evolution is in the works. I use Balsa
> for my day-to-day work and it gets the job done. IMHO we might as well work
> on Balsa until Evolution is stable enough to take its place. Balsa will never
> overcome its architectural deficiencies but we can work on making it better.
> I personally am happy to have something where I can have code put into a
> (semi-)official project.

Remember Evolution will only be the backend, no frontend. So when evolution
becomes usable you could modify Balsa to work with it. Would be nice to not
have to worry about the backend stuff and only concentrate on a good UI.
Later you could implement the Balsa GUI as a Bonobo component and use it
instead of the mailer that'll be coded with this whole gnome-pim thing.

> So where was I going.... errr... so we might as well maintain Balsa. It's not
> pretty but it is the most functional X mail client that I've seen (oh wait...
> Netscape Mail is pretty good -- damn them! :-)).

heh, yup

--
Sarel Botha

99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code,
          fix one bug, compile it again...
          101 little bugs in the code....