Re: [Gimp-user] Redesign "move selection"?

On 10/21/2016 01:06 AM, Ofnuts wrote:
On 20/10/16 19:30, lofreq wrote:
So my two questions are as follows, I guess:

1. Is it at all possible to just click and drag selections? Why is
it necessary to hold down ctrl+alt to accomplish this?

Because click without key modifiers has other uses.

Ages ago, click-drags did move the selection content without additional
modifier keys.

But we got complaints that it is far too easy to accidentally move this
selected content by minute amounts and not even notice this. So it got
changed to the current behavior.

--
Regards,
Michael