Re: [Evolution-hackers] Labels when using Evolution EWS

On Sat, 2017-01-07 at 10:56 +0100, Andrew Seguin wrote:
I used your tip regarding the SQL query, it was helpful to get a
clean list of labels as Evolution saw them (which was identical to
how Outlook saw them, but I had forgotten to add a couple).

        Hi,
I made some changes the last Friday for the 3.24.0 Evolution (will be
part of the 3.23.4 development release), where the Folder Properties
dialog has added a Labels tab, where users can see all available labels
as advertised by the server and create/edit/delete the Labels for the
evolution as needed. That will avoid the sqlite completely and make it
more user friendly.

This leaves me wondering if this is expected or not? What little of
the Evolution-EWS code I read that was closely working with the
labels, I don't see that it should have influenced the case, so - is
it Evolution or the Web services interface Exchange that might be the
one changing the case?

As far as I can tell, the evolution-ews sends the labels as they are
stored locally, the only change it does is to rename the standard
labels [1]. It's the evolution itself lower-casing the tag when
creating a new label, for compatibility with the Thunderbird [2]. The
added functionality for 3.24.0 doesn't change case of the label tag
when creating a new label for an existing tag.

Your tests suggest that the Outlook itself treats Categories (the EWS
name for the Labels) case insensitively, only the Outlook Web Access
(OWA) interface treats it wrong. I'd say it's a bug in the OWA.
Evolution itself also treats label tags case insensitively.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-ews/tree/src/camel/camel-ews-utils.c#n381
[2] https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/tree/src/mail/e-mail-label-list-store.c#n77