[Shotwell] Saved Search window behavior on date picker window

Chris Lombaard lombaardcj at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 12:59:56 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm using the Saved Search feature and notice the following behavior:

   - Select "*Date*" from filter type dropdown
   - Select "*is between*" from criteria dropdown
   - Click on first start date criteria.
   - Date picker window opens
   - Select, relevant date BUT don't click on OK button of date picker
   - Click on Close button on "Saved Search" dialog. Shotwell does not
   respond or focus on date picker window or close Saved Search window as
   expected bu normal user.
   - Click on OK button for date picker.
   - Click on Close button. Search now starts

I think what is going on is when the "Saved Dialog" window is opened and
the Date Picker window is not opened in "modal" mode. I mean the current
window has to finish and close (modal behaviour) before the application
will accept user actions to perform.

The current open issues don't refer to this from what I've looked at.

Using the latest version 12.2.

--
Regards,
Chris Lombaard