[Shotwell] contribution copyright

oliver oliver at first.in-berlin.de
Mon Apr 23 19:36:50 UTC 2012

AFAIK shotwell is under LGPL.

The author has the copyright, but not an exclusive one,
because of the LGPL.

So it's copyright by the author but copyleft via LGPL.

The author can reuse it's code elsewhere, but
after publishing under (L)GPL is not allowed to disallow
others to redistribute it.

(I wonder why it's LGPL and not GPL, which is the one, normally used
for programs (and LGPL for libraries.)

Ciao,
   Oliver