[Shotwell] Path of a picture

Adam Dingle adam at yorba.org
Fri Apr 20 12:41:55 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 7:40 AM, oliver <oliver at first.in-berlin.de> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 01:35:12PM -0700, Laura Khalil wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> The issue you've been having with photos not showing metadata is a
> know bug for RAW photos. You can read more about that here:
>
> http://redmine.yorba.org/issues/4372
[...]

Ah, ok.
Thanks for looking that up.

If the problem one day will be solved,
it would be nice, if data of the older
files could then be read also
(something like reimport or reread data),
so that for already imported files this information
also could be displayed.

Right.

Is it possible to circumvent this problem
by creatiung a jpeg from the rawfile
and then read the information that way?

This problem affects RAW photos, but doesn't affect RAW+JPEG photos if you have the developer set to Camera.  So yes, if you create a JPEG from your RAW photo and then import them together as a RAW+JPEG then Shotwell should display the metadata.

The right solution here is for us to simply fix the bug.  :)  Shotwell's support for RAW+JPEG photos and switching photo developers is (and has always been) pretty buggy.  I hope we can improve the situation for 0.13.

adam