Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 14:19:26 +0000
Subject: Re: Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] How Can I Display Album Art
From: Peter <rhythmbox-devel maubp freeserve co uk>
To: Hideyuki Fukui <nqe37003 nifty com>
Cc: rhythmbox-devel gnome org

2009/11/3 Hideyuki Fukui <nqe37003 nifty com>:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for your assistance.
> The plugin does not work properly with the following album art profile, for
ex
> ample.
>
> ?-Artist Name: m-flo
> ?-Album Name: The Intergalactic Collection
> ?-File Name: The Intergalactic Collection.jpg
> ?-Rhythmbox Version: 0.12.5
>
> As far as the international character concern, my system is working on Ubunt
> Karmic Koala in Japanese language (all of my mp3 files' ID3 tags have been
> converted to the UTF-8 format though).
>
> Additional Information: I found that sometime it works, but it takes a coupl
> of minutes until the album art is displayed.
>
> tokyo-joe

I was wrong. I think I know why it isn't working after re-reading of the Pytho
code for the local cover art more carefully.

It is looking for an image file where the filename contains BOTH the
artist AND the album name. I think it would be enough to check for just
the album name - but I keep all my albums in separate folders.

http://git.gnome.org/cgit/rhythmbox/tree/plugins/artdisplay/artdisplay/LocalCo
verArtSearch.py

Peter

P.S. Please CC the mailing list.