Re: Physically based kinetic scrolling

On Mon, 2014-05-05 at 10:04 -0400, Hashem Nasarat wrote:
Sweet feature! But....

Is this legal to implement? As far as I know, doesn't a portion of the
Apple v Samsung trial have to do with the way Samsung implemented touch
scrolling? Also, aren't apple's patents the reason why Android doesn't
have the bounce animation in their scrolling lists?

I'm not a lawyer, but these two patents seem to describe what you have
implemented (and to a lesser degree, the pre-existing touch physics in
GTK+).

Don't discuss, or link to patents on the developer list. The less we
know, the less we are likely to infringe, or the less likely we are to
be condemned for infringing if that were to be the case.

It's the same reason why we don't go scouring patent archives when
implementing or designing new features.

Cheers