Re: Privacy Policy

On Sat, 2010-09-11 at 20:57 -0500, Paul Cutler wrote:
> [...]
> Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
> Certain visitors to GNOME’s websites choose to interact with GNOME in
> ways that require GNOME to gather personally-identifying information.
> The amount and type of information that GNOME gathers depends on the
> nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up
> for a Tomboy Online account to provide a username and email address.
> Those who engage in transactions with GNOME – by donating to GNOME,
> for example – are asked to provide additional information, including
> as necessary the personal and financial information required to
> process those transactions. In each case, GNOME collects such
> information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the
> purpose of the visitor’s interaction with GNOME. GNOME does not
> disclose personally-identifying information other than as described
> below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying
> information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in
> certain website-related activities.

This may sense in a context of Tomboy online, Blogs (Wordpress), etc.
But, if you think in the infrastructure we need to work, we disclose
that personal information (email address and name) in site like
git.gnome.org, bugzilla.gnome.org and mail.gnome.org.

I do not see how this policy fits with that.

Regards,

--
Germán Póo-Caamaño
http://www.gnome.org/~gpoo/