Re: Where is libgvfsdbus.so loaded?

On Thu, 2013-05-23 at 15:54 +0200, Jean-Philippe Green wrote:
Hey!

The documentation (https://live.gnome.org/gvfs/doc) says that the
master gvfs daemon is "Initialized on the client side again as an
extension point by loading the libgvfsdbus.so library". My question
is, where is libgvfsdbus.so loaded? I have used grep to find out where
it is used in the source code of glib (including gio and gobject),

It's loaded in GIO, as an extension point (ie. you won't find that exact
string in the sources).

 gtk, gedit and nautilus, but it doesn't seem to be loaded anywhere.
What part of GNOME loads gvfs when needed?

If by client side, you mean the client libraries that resides in the
client directory of gvfs, then what parts of GNOME loads those parts?
Is it up to the applications themselves or a library such as glib?