Re: With set_event_compression, most recent motion event is held in waiting

On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 9:15 AM JLM via gtkmm-list <gtkmm-list gnome org> wrote:
I have updated my test. Now you don't have to press a mouse button, but
you can press a keyboard key instead. The problem isn't that I am
seeing extra events, the problem is that the extra event seems to be
hiding, or stuck in a backend/library queue.

The issue is probably even lower than GTK. Maybe libinput? Did you look at the timestamp of the events?

https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/latest/timestamps.html

The above link suggests some events are delivered out of order