Re: gtk webview wrong rendering on load and small artifact

Hi

On Fri, Aug 5, 2022 at 9:08 AM Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi
<michael amarulasolutions com> wrote:

Hi

On Fri, Aug 5, 2022 at 9:01 AM Kjell Ahlstedt <kjellahlstedt gmail com> wrote:

Den 2022-08-04 kl. 22:47, skrev Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi:

Did you get this strange resize effect? Seems the window is resized
and the webview part resizes later, so it's totally not fluent. Anyway
the idea behind the project
is to create a way to interact with alexa stack using webkit and gtkmm
and websocket.

Michael

Yes, I can see that the 4444bbbc2f4dd0a9586f053308ab9a1a.png figure is clipped on its sides until the
window is resized. I haven't yet been able to find out which part of the program draws this figure. I
suspect that it's the main.bundle.js Javascript. If this can be a bug in a Javascript, I can't help you.

Yes this is rendered by webkit, that loads the index.html that renders
the picture. For the resizing problem I noticed that wayland does not
white blink the background during resizing but yes
xorg. I suspend some double buffering problem

There are few problems still but they are on top of webkit and gtk
mostly. I have compiled badwolf browser and resizing give the same
problem:

- slow resize
- flashing during resize

https://hacktivis.me/git/badwolf/

The GtkWebView is in hbox under a ScrollWindow

Michael

Michael

Kjell

--
Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi
Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer

Amarula Solutions BV
Joop Geesinkweg 125, 1114 AB, Amsterdam, NL
T. +31 (0)85 111 9172
info amarulasolutions com
www.amarulasolutions.com