Re: mmification of gspell

On 2020-04-16 09:19, Daniel Boles via gtkmm-list wrote:

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020, 04:18 Pavlo Solntsev via gtkmm-list, <gtkmm-list gnome org> wrote:
Check this project https://gitlab.com/mnauw/cppgir

Wow, so someone is trying it, great! Thanks. The lack of constness and limitations on callbacks are unfortunate, and some of the style strikes me as odd, but that's a great effort/start nonetheless and hopefully goes on.

Interesting. I didn't know about this cppgir.

When I mentioned gobject-introspection in a previous post, I was thinking about the mkolny/use-mmgirgenerator branch in glibmm's git repo. Now I've looked a bit deeper into it, and Marcin Kolny's mmgirgenerator is less ambitious than cppgir. It's an alternative way of generating the .defs files that gmmproc uses. See https://github.com/loganek/mmgirgenerator.