Re: What is the difference between GTK and gtkmm in the availability?

On Fri, 28 May 2010 11:44:17 -0400 José wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-05-29 at 00:50 +1000, Tao Wang wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just a question pop up from my head. If I port an application from
> > gtk+ to gtkmm, what I lost? For example, in the availability, is there
> > any platform/distribution that support gtk but doesn't have gtkmm in
> > their official package repository? Thanks.
>
> I would say that you would not lose anything.  I've not known of any
> distribution that has gtk+ and does not have gtkmm packages.

The eeepc Xandros doesn't have gtkmm, but it doesn't have the developer
parts of GTK+ so maybe it doesn't count.

Note that availability of additional *mm packages (e.g. gtkmozembedmm,
gtkextramm) is not nearly as wide as their base libraries, but the core
GTKmm seems quite good.