Building gtksourceviewmm on Windows

Hello, I'm trying to build gtksourceviewmm from source on Windows,
hoewever I haven't been able to do so. I managed to build it under Linux
and used it with no problems.

I am using Cywgin 1.7.1 to try building the library. I want to build
gtksourceviewmm 2.9.1 and it requires at least gtksourceview 2.9.4
(which a I have to build as there are no binaries available for windows,
the only ones available are from a previous version).

Since I'm completely new with building libraries under windows and using
cygwin, autotools.... I want to ask you for some recommendations:

Should I use Cygwin or MSYS to build gtksourceview and gtksourceviewmm
under windows?

Do you have a link to a webpage with some reference about using the
autools to build a library like gtksourceview(mm)?

I'd appreciate if you could provide me with some directions, reference,
documentation or any information on what's the best way to build the
library under Windows. Sorry if this sounds to silly for you, but I
really want to learn to build the library under windows.

Thanks in advance.