Re: ANNOUNCE: gstreamermm-0.10.7

Hi.

El Apr 14, 2010, a las 11:45 AM, sledge hammer <sledgehammer_999 hotmail com > escribió:

I have 2 questions:

1. Why isn't this announced in the Gstreamer mailist list too?

We were just discussing some of this with a GStreamer developer and I think we'd like to have gstreamemm go into stable status before announcing there though we are definitely planning to discuss this further with the developers so that this can be done as soon as possible.

2. What kind of state is gstreamermm? Is it considered steady?

I consider it steady. Though it is being released as unstable, I try to make sure no major changes are made to cause incompatibilities unless it is absolutely necessary.

How about production ready? If yes, why isn't the gstreamer's bindings page updated to indicate the status?(it currently says that C++ are under development). I would like to see C++ get the same love Python and C# get :p

I guess it could be considered production ready though it is still unstable. We are expecting to move it to a stable status and for that we need to be sure that the API is generally correct. We'd appreciate people using it and reporting any API or functional errors. Once we see that people are pleased with the state of the API, we'll take steps to make the transition.

I'll be contacting the GStreamer developers throughout to make sure their web site is correctly updated. Thanks for your concerns.

--
José