[maemo-developers] Re: gtkmm code size

Hi,

> I did try to hack libtool to allow me to use regex to exclude anything
> with "Anonymous" in the name, to exclude anonymous namespaces, but it
> made no difference to code size, though the symbols no longer showed up
> in the nm output. Obviously there's more to it than that.

At least according to Ulrich Drepper's DSO Howto, libtool support for
this is worthless.  Please check:
	http://people.redhat.com/drepper/dsohowto.pdf

It's a good read in general on optimizing libraries.  :-)

Btw. how gtkmm size compares with the other Gtk C++ wrappers
(I remember there being a couple of other older ones and
the fairly recent "Foundation Classes" for the XFCE:
http://xfc.xfce.org/index.xhtml)?

	- Eero