Re: Ploting widget

On 4/18/06, Mickael DREAN <mickael drean gmail com> wrote:
> Well, it seems that Gnumeric is also able to print on win32 which is
> interesting for me. I would be pleased to help as I can in this project :-)
>

> Murray Cumming a écrit :
> >
> > I'd like someone to investigate the plotting API used by gnumeric, and
> > maybe wrap it for gtkmm. I think it's a separate library.

It looks like the plotting is done with the goffice library.  However,
it looks like this library includes considerably more than just the
plotting / graphing functionality, so it may be a bit  more work than
just wrapping a graphing library.  This also makes it less attractive
for people who don't want to add all of the dependencies of
gnome-office to their app dependencies.  Of course, I haven't looked
at it extensively...

Jonner