Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm RPMs for Fedora Core 2; peless, please try it out.

Julian,

Thanks for the clarification. Basically, the gtkmm libraries were part
of FC1 but were *dropped* out of FC2. I don't care if they're in
fedora.us, they're not on the distributed DVD, nor are they on
freshrpms (yet). I actually have more trust in freshrpms than on
fedora.us. But i digress. To summarize :

  :~> sudo yum list | grep gtkmm
  :~>

In a way, it is you guys' job to lobby for the inclusing of gtkmm in
major distribution, just as it's mine to lobby for the cdrdao project.
What you said about the libraries not being distributed because noone
is using them is interesting: i will therefore post on the fedora
mailing list today on behalf of cdrdao-gcdmaster and i will try to
change that. If there's someone in particular i should contact
directly, please let me know. Remember i'm on your side here!

But you guys need to take this issue seriously. After all, isn't the
whole purpose of the gtkmm project to entice people to write gnome apps
in C++ ? Hard to do if the libs remain in obscurity (and so do our
apps), which is a shame because my experience working with gtkmm has
been remarkable, i've never had to file a bug report!

Would it be possible to merge some of the existing tarballs ? The more
packages are required to distribute gtkmm/gnomemm, the more likely
mistakes will be made.

-denis
http://cdrdao.sf.net/