[gtk-win32] Gthread creation problem

Hi - I originally posted this to the main gnome list and was advised to try
again here.

Basically, I'm using the gtk-win32 library to build GTK applications using
VC++2005.  Until now, my apps have worked successfully although any thread
creation has so far been done using libpthread-win32.

Now I'm building an app (quite a large one) which uses g_thread_create() and
that doesn't seem to be working so well.  Although 'g_thread_create()' seems
to return without any errors, the created threads immediately exit with
"code 9 (0x09)" showing in VC++'s debug window.  I'm assuming this must
indicate an abnormal termination because it prevents the app from starting
up (also, I never saw this problem with pthread-win32).  Later in the week
I'll see if I can make a smaller app to reproduce the problem but in the
meantime, I just wondered if anyone knows what it means when a thread exits
with "code 9"?  If I could find out what the actual error code means, that
might help in tracking the problem down.  Thanks.

John