[gtk-win32] Bugfix for transient dialogs posted a year ago

See the bugfix posted more than a year ago about transient dialogs on win32:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2005-September/msg00007.html

Did this get committed eventually? We are still experiencing the exact same problems described in Inkscape.
I think this did not get committed because it seems that the  "gtk_window_set_skip_taskbar_hint" is still broken, because if this function is used, dialogs will no longer stay on top; in any case, the dialogs are not displayed in the taskbar anyway.  The described 'non-trivial' problem is killing.
Could someone please look into this issue again?

I am certain that all Win32 users of Inkscape will greatly, greatly appreciate your effors!

Thanks a lot,
Johan Engelen
(inkscape developer)