Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] patch to allow use with OS X Screen Sharing

Peter Rosin wrote:
Daniel P. Berrange skrev:
On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 12:58:27AM -0400, Jin Choi wrote:
tightvncviewer probably explicitly asks for a reduced colour depth / pixel
format rather than accepting the VNC server's default settings. This can
have a noticable impact over bandwidth limited links

In my experience with the Apple server I have noted extremely poor performance when it is doing interactions with zlib. Try disabling the zlib and zlibhex encodings and the performance should be closer to expectations (I don't think it supports zrle and tight, so no need to disable those...)

Oh, there's a couple really old encodings tightvnc supports that we don't (like a raw zlib one). Perhaps it's using one of those?

Also, wouldn't tightvncviewer be negotiating 3.7? That's what it normally supports.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Cheers,
Peter