Re: Gtk3 bindings for Windows: bounty?

On 19 August 2014 10:12, Marc Chantreux <khatar phear org> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 10:22:38AM +1000, Daniel Kasak wrote:
I've had a couple of failed attempts at this - when it didn't matter so much to
me. I'm not really able to figure out compilation issues on Windows at this
point.

Even if you succeed, be aware your application will look as gtk renders
under windows (which looks pretty uggly compared to the modern native
windows TK).

starting with GTK+ 3.14, the default appearance of GTK+ apps on
different platforms will be basically the same, and will match the
default Adwaita theme:

  http://blogs.gnome.org/nacho/2014/07/30/gedit-3-for-windows/

obviously, it's still possible to use the gtk-win32 theme, which these
days matches the Windows 7 style pretty decently (except fot notebook
tabs that are not on top). obviously, patches to improve the situation
are welcome.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--