Re: Gtk2::Tooltips and Gtk2::TextTag?

Matthew Braid <ptkperl mdb id au> writes:

'$txt->window->get_pointer' gotcha to keep motion-notify firing

Supposedly that should be $event->request_motions (new in 2.12) in
general.  Last time I looked I thought in a motion notify the device was
only ever the mouse so get_pointer() was enough.

tooltip text for the textview instead

Umm, and propagating the event to the textview with the right handler
return value of course ... :).

Opening up an output-only temp window isn't too hard, if it turns out
the only way to do it is manually.