Re: trying to set the back ground

Quoting Kevin Ryde <user42 zip com au>:

"Zane C.B." <v velox vvelox net> writes:

Any ideas?

One of the tricks with those setting programs is XSetCloseDownMode,
which gdk doesn't offer, but I think may not be needed for window
background pixmap settings.  What you posted seems to work for me
anyway.

I found there is also one other thing missing as well.

I think it may work for TWM and a few others, which don't put any thing over the root window, but I've run into one other problem, nothing picks up on the change. Looking into that further, I appears there is another function missing as well. That is XKillClient, which is used on the old atoms.