Re: meta-data in geoTiff

There's also a Perl extension for the Mapscript API that allows you to query a GeoTiff or other GIS shape or raster file for all sorts of cartographically pertinant information.

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu.

Last time I used it the documentation was poor, but you can get the idea from the
PHP documentation which I believe was rather complete.

Chris

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Jeffrey Ratcliffe <jeffrey ratcliffe gmail com> wrote:
2008/5/28 Jamie Lahowetz <jlahowe2 bigred unl edu>:
> I'm building a simple gtk2 geotiff app and I would like to extract the
> meta-data from the geotiff. Any ideas on how to do that?

Image::ExifTool

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Image-ExifTool/