Glib 1.164 available
- From: Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de>
- To: gtk-perl-list gnome org
- Subject: Glib 1.164 available
- Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 22:05:47 +0100
Overview of changes in Glib 1.164
* Allow Perl-derived GObjects to override GInterfaces that are implemented by
* Load GInterface types immediately, instead of lazily. This makes sure
GInterfaces are set up by the time they are needed.
The source code is available from the gtk2-perl project page on
...and via anonymous cvs, tagged "rel-1-16-4" in the directory
This release works with all stable releases of glib-2.x.
In order to build Glib from source, you must have glib-2.x and
its development headers and utilities installed, as well as the
pkg-config utility. In addition, the following Perl modules are
needed at build time (but not at runtime):
ExtUtils::Depends >= 0.200
ExtUtils::PkgConfig >= 1.000
Glib provides Perl access to the GLib and GObject libraries. GLib is a
portability and utility library; GObject provides a generic type system
with inheritance and a powerful signal system. Together these
libraries are used as the foundation for many of the libraries that
make up the Gnome environment, and are used in many unrelated projects.
] [Thread Prev