Re: issues with trigger_tooltip_query

--- Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh yahoo com> wrote:

Hello All,

I have a pretty complicated GUI with a lot of vertical sliders, and I'm using tooltips to
display value and other important for me things.

The displayed info lags, i.e. I have to remove mouse pointer from the slider and to position it
over it again in order to see up to date info - even though I'm calling set_tooltip_text from
motion_notify_event subroutine.

I read about trigger_tooltip_query and tried to use it - it appears to work in a sense it
displays the up to date info, however it display the tooltip not according to mouse pointer, but

in the upper left screen corner.

If I move mouse from the slider in question and position it back, the tooltip is again displayed
according to mouse pointer.

Is this upper left screen corner behavior supposed to be ?

If not, is it likely gtk-perl issue or gtk+ proper issue ?

Versions:

gtk+-2.12.9
Gtk2-1.182
glib-2.14.6