Re: Dialog for choosing directories

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 16:15 +0200, Bernhard Auzinger wrote:

my name is Bernhard and I'm new to gtk2-perl and have joined the list a
few hours ago.

Welcome!

I read some documentation but didn't really find a gtk2-perl dialog for
choosing a directory. I'm looking for something similar than the
Gtk2::FileSelection dialog, but for choosing directories.

Btw, I tried the Gtk2::FileChooserDialog with action "select folder"
option but got a segmentation fault when calling the constructor. I
think I must have made a terrible mistake.

No, that's exactly the right choice.

my $dir_dialog = Gtk2::FileChooserDialog ( 'Select a Directory', $main_window,
'select-folder');

This lacks the actual "new" part: Gtk2::FileChooserDialog->new (...).
With that fixed, it works for me.  And really, a segfault shouldn't
occur under any circumstance.  What gtk+ (the library, not the Perl
bindings) version do you use?

--
Bye,
-Torsten