Re: adding entry in nautilus context

On Jun 27, 2005, at 3:48 AM, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 14:27 +0200, The Saltydog wrote:

Where could I read the basics to add an entry into nautilus
context-menu froma gtk2-perl application?

You can't read, since there isn't a Perl binding for the
libnautilus-extensions library, which would do the trick.

My only concern would be that the amount of logic in the extension wouldn't justify the resource usage of the dynamic language runtime. (But that's a concern with doing any gtk+ work in any language other than C.)

I had been thinking about binding this library, but haven't got much
time around; plus, toying with GLib runtime modules and Perl is quite
out of my XS skills, at the moment.

It's not *that* hard.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2004-July/msg00130.html

--