item factories revisited

I would be grateful if people on the list could test this script and
tell me if they see the following:

* top level menu items print a line when clicked
* the first time a second level item is clicked it prints a line
* any future clicks on second level items do nothing

I've verified this on three separate systems (all RH9, but one using
XD2) and i'd like to see if it happens on other distros.

I'm pretty sure that the icon factory structure is OK - surely if it
builds the widgets it's OK?

Thanks in advance,

Gavin.

--